Don’t see your project or idea in the list? Add it by commenting below!
Also consider selling online via eBay Sales or Auctions (or other similar sites).
- Brooms and Mops – http://www.ocedarcommercial.com
- Calendars – http://www.Treasure-Book.com/
- Community Calendar – small fee to have family birthdays and anniversary, sell ads and calendar
- All Male Beauty Pageant (Tifton, GA) photos or suggestive dress with creative props
- “Pick Your Passion” (Children, Pets, Cars, etc.) – Photos submitted by network, online “vote” with donations $1 each, pay extra for text ($5) or photo ($10) on special days, calendar sales
- Cars – Accept donations at Blue Book value, have car mechanics repair, then resell (Fairfax, VA)
- Christmas Trees – also offer delivery (extra) and other supplies like tree stands
- Coloring Books – http://www.coloringbook.com or http://www.bigcoloringbook.com
- Community Yearbook – get ads from local businesses, include text about Lions Club projects and community events, publish and distribute in hotels, waiting rooms, etc.
- Coupon Books (local businesses)
- Discount Cards (local businesses)
- Flowers – for Easter, Mother’s Day
- Light Bulbs
- Lions Mints – put in local stores, sell in-person
- Memorial lights on Christmas Tree
- Nuts – http://www.TerriLynn.com
- Poinsettias – for Christmas
- Retail Discounts – partner with retail store to sell coupons for $5 that provide $10 off
- Sporting Event Tickets – see if major/minor league team will donate tickets or sell at less than face value for club to sell, auction, etc.
- Trash Bags
- Car Wash
- Alternative: Topless Car Wash – women hold signs, around the corner the men are washing cars
- Community Christmas Card – paint two 4’x8’ sheets of plywood white with a message, place at a local traffic stop. Travelers (or anyone) can pay $5 to sign the card
- Deliver Christmas Trees – purchased from Lions Club or other
- Alternative: Festival of Trees – Deliver decorated trees to buyers after Festival for a fee
- Farmer’s Market – sell vendor spaces, twice a week June-October
- Personalize Easter Eggs – Wal-Mart allowed table set up, charge a fee or ask for donations
- Professional and College Sports Teams/Events – inquire about fundraising opportunities. Examples:
- Pass out promotional material for team/event sponsors at gates
- Help with parking
- Sell concessions or souvenirs
- Santa Calls – Fill out postcards with child’s name, age, favorite sport/interests, date for call (two weeks before Christmas), charge $5
- Partner with Real Estate agents to assist families that live out of town from family members who have passed away. After the family retrieves personal and/or sentimental items from relatives’ home, conduct a yard sale of remaining home contents and then take left over items to Goodwill.