Guidelines for the Lion of the Decade Award 2014-2023
Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2024
Contest Period: January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2023
Use the following nomination form for your club’s “LION OF THE DECADE“ for competition in the District and Multiple District contests.
Rules and regulations governing the “Lion of the Decade” selection in the District and Multiple District.
- The committee selecting the Lion of the Decade shall consider the following points with regard to the importance of the four items in the contest:
- Item #1 = 40 Points
- Item #2 = 25 Points
- Item #3 = 25 Points
- Item #4 = 10 Points
- Only one (1) nominee from a club may be entered each year in the District Contest, only one (1) nominee from a District may be entered each year in the Multiple District Contest and only one (1) Multiple District Lion of the Decade shall be selected each year.
- The candidate shall have been “In Good Standing” in his/her local club during the entire contest period with all appropriate dues paid up-to-date.
- Contest begins January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2023.
- The District Contest & Awards Chairman must receive the local club’s completed entry form postmarked no later than February 28, 2024, for the entry to be considered.
- The District selection committee shall be chaired by the District Contest & Awards Chairman and shall be composed of Lions appointed by the District Governor.
- Those ineligible to be entered in the District competition are: District Governor, Vice District Governors, and District Contest & Awards Chairmen.
- The District winner will be announced at the State Convention with appropriate awards and publicity being given.
- The District Contest & Awards Chairman will submit the District winner entry to the Multiple District 12 Tennessee Lions Contest & Awards Chairman on or before a date specified by the MD-12 Contest & Awards Chairman. Only one (1) nominee shall be submitted to the Multiple District.
- The State Contest & Awards Committee shall review the District entries sufficiently in advance of the State Convention in order to select a winner and have a suitable award prepared for presentation before the close of the State Convention.
- A Lion who has been nominated for the award of Lion of the Decade and wins at the district level may not be nominated again for the same award for a period of 5 years and cannot use nominating activity information previously used for the prior 5 years.
NOTE: Please include a copy of the application with your entry.Mail your nomination form to: Kim Osbourne, Contest & Awards Chair 607 Dwight La. Sevierville, T?N 37876