Guidelines for the Lion of the Year Award 2021
Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2022
Contest Period: January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Complete your club’s “LION OF THE YEAR” application form and send to the District Contest and Awards Chairman POST-MARKED NO LATER THAN February 28, 2021.
Rules and regulations governing the “Lion of the Year” selection in the District and Multiple District.
1. The committee selecting the Lion of the Year shall consider the following points with regard to the importance of the three items in the contest:
- Item #1 = 50 Points
- Item #2 = 40 Points
- Item #3 = 10 Points
2. Only one (1) nominee from a club may be entered each year in the District Contest, only one (1) nominee from a District may be entered each year in the Multiple District Contest and only one (1) Multiple District Lion of the Year shall be selected each year.
3. The candidate shall have been “In Good Standing” in his/her local club during the entire contest period with all appropriate dues paid up-to-date.
4. Contest begins January 1, 2021 and ends December 31, 2021.
5. The District Contest & Awards Chairman must receive the local club’s completed entry form postmarked no later than February 28, 2022, for the entry to be considered.
6. The District selection committee shall be chaired by the District Contest & Awards Chairman and shall be composed of Lions appointed by the District Governor.
7. Those ineligible to be entered in the District competition are: District Governor, Vice District Governors, and District Contest & Awards Chairmen.
8. The District winner will be announced at the State Convention, with appropriate awards and publicity being given.
9. The District Contest & Awards Chairman will submit the District winner entry to the Multiple District 12 Tennessee Lions Contest & Awards Chairman on or before a date specified by the MD-12 Contest & Awards Chairman. Only one (1) nominee shall be submitted to the Multiple District.
10. The State Contest & Awards Committee shall review the District entries sufficiently in advance of the State Convention in order to select a winner and have a suitable award prepared for presentation before the close of the State Convention.
11. Once a Lion has won the District or MD level award of Lion of the Year he/she must not be nominated again for the same award for a period of 5 years.
NOTE: Please include a copy of the application with your entry.Mail nominations forms to: Anthony West, District 12-N Contest & Awards Chair 7400 Bell Castel Ct. Knoxville, TN 37938-4032