Virginia Lindsey Leadership Award
Guidelines for the Virginia Lindsey Leadership Award
(Updated for 2011-2012 Lions Year)
Each Lions Club in Tennessee is asked to choose a nominee for this award before February 29, 2012. The nominee may be either a man or woman who is a Lion. Please use the following guidelines in making your selection:
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- be forty (40) years of age or younger,
- be a Lion for not more than eight (8) years,
- be a Lion in “good standing” from a club in “good standing,”
- be a regular attendee in the local Lions Club,
- have a well-defined sense of mission and purpose and be service oriented,
- be able to set clear goals and to give clear directions,
- display self-confidence and the desire to lead directions, and develop teams to get results and
- show interest by attendance and participation in the District and State events.
Past District Governors, District Governors, Vice District Governors and their spouses are not eligible to receive this award as they have had their opportunity to serve in a leadership role.
Guidance for the selection process should consider the following:
- 60% – SERVICE in LIONISM – explain in detail and give examples (committees on which served and on which chaired, awards, members sponsored, etc.)
- 30% – SERVICE in CHURCH and COMMUNITY – explain in detail and give examples (boards and committees on which served, workshops or training sessions conducted, and awards received , etc.)
- 10% – OVERALL CONDUCT in the everyday world (examples set by this person and reputation in the community)
Club nominations must be forwarded to the District Chairperson by February 29, 2012.
The District Virginia Lindsey Leadership Committee must select the District 12-N recipient and forward to the State Chair no later than March 15, 2012. Presentation of the District and State recipients will be made at the State Convention.
Mail your nominations to:Lion Nellie Harshbarger
District 12-N Chair P.O. Box 282 Norris, TN 37828-0282
Your nomination may be made in the form of a letter stressing the background of the nominee according to the Guidance given above. Please state that the nominee is a Lion and give his/her Club membership, plus current age and the number of years that the candidate has been a member of Lions Clubs International.
To help you in the preparation of this submission, a general form [CLICK HERE] is available that you may use in presenting your nominee. Remember that this form must be received by February 29, 2012. You may send the printed nomination by U.S. Post Office or in electronic form as an attachment to an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or comments, please call Lion Nellie Harshbarger at 865-494-7599.