Lions Club of the Year
Guidelines for the Lions Club of the Year Award 2011-2012
PURPOSE: To define a framework within which the Council of Governors of Multiple District 12 (Tennessee) can identify and acknowledge those Lions Clubs which, by their actions, exemplify the ideals and goals of Lionism.
ELIGIBILITY: To receive ANY Awards from this contest, the Lions Clubs in Multiple District 12 shall have all District and International dues paid up to date, submit the PU-101 postmarked on or before March 31, 2012 and all Monthly Membership Reports and Contest Worksheets must be postmarked Not Later Than the 5th day after the reporting month.
PERIOD OF CONTEST: The Contest Period is from April 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012. Clubs shall be allowed to report any activity for April, May, June, July and August. A Contest Worksheet must be completed for each month using separate Club Contest Worksheets and shall be postmarked no later than September 5, 2011. If you do not wish to complete Worksheet for April, May, June and July, you shall not earn points for those months; however, you shall not be penalized for not submitting these.
- Download Club Contest Worksheet (Microsoft Word)
HOW RESULTS ARE DETERMINED:
The Contest and Awards Chairman, using information supplied monthly by the Club Secretary on the Club Contest Worksheet shall periodically compute and rank the Clubs. The points awarded shall be determined using the following criteria:
This will be a three tier contest of small, large, and extra-large clubs. Once the Lions Club is entered in a category (S,L,XL), they will remain in that category the remainder of the contest for that year even though they may have a plus or minus in membership.
- Small clubs shall be from 1-30 members
- Large clubs shall be from 31-60 members
- Extra-large clubs shall be 61+ members
The Club shall meet ALL ELIGIBILITY requirements listed above and accumulate at least 12,000 points and meeting ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS to be recognized as a SUPERIOR CLUB. The State Club of the Year shall be the Club accumulating the greatest number of points and meeting ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
Club of the Year Criteria
(A). MEMBERSHIP GROWTH:
- For EACH net gain of a Lion by a club, using your March 2011 reported total membership as a starting point, the CLUB shall receive 1,000 points. These shall be awarded at the end of the Contest Period.
- For a net gain in membership (over its reported March 2011 membership), for the range of percentages listed below, the CLUB, at the end of the Contest Period, shall receive Bonus Points as indicated below.
- 25 – 49% = 4,000 Points
- 50 – 74% = 10,000 Points
- 75 – 99% = 17,000 Points
- 100% = 25,000 Points
(B). CLUB SERVICE
- The club shall receive 2 points per each dollar spent on sight and/or hearing projects. (local, White Cane, Lions Clubs International Foundation, Tennessee Lions Charities and other Lions projects, etc.)
- The club shall receive 1 point for each dollar spent on other projects. (given in a local community etc such as Scouts, Red Cross and/or Cancer.
- For EACH Lion hour worked on a Fund Raising project or Service Project or Community Service, the CLUB shall receive 2 points for each Lion hour. Non-reimbursed miles traveled in connection with a service project can be converted to hours by counting 1 hour per each 30 miles traveled or major portion thereof. If your club licenses a Lioness Club or sponsors a Leo Club, Lioness or Leo hours expended on Club sponsored projects may be included in your Lion Hours.
- For EACH Eyewill/Donor Card, pair used eyeglasses turned in, the CLUB shall receive 3 points. For EACH Hearing Device turned in the CLUB shall receive 125 points.
- EACH inkjet cartridge turned in, the CLUB shall receive 5 points. For each laser toner cartridge, the CLUB shall receive 10 points, EACH cell phone turned in the CLUB shall receive 25 points.
- For EACH vision screening session through the KidSight Outreach Screening Program, the CLUB shall receive 100 points.
- For EACH child screened through the Operations Outreach Screening Program (KidSight), the CLUB shall receive 10 points.
- For EACH vision screening in schools or community projects with vision screening machines the CLUB shall receive 100 points for each session and 10 points for each person screened. Note: Must be Lions, not paid help.
- For sponsoring a NEW LIONS Club, the Club shall receive 5,000 points
- For sponsoring a Leo Club (new or existing), the Club shall receive 2,000 points. REPORT EXISTING LEO CLUB ONLY ON FIRST MONTH’S REPORT
- For sponsoring a Lion of the Year or Lion of the Decade, the club SHALL receive 1,000 points each.
- For each member named a Melvin Jones Fellow, Lindsey-Jennings Fellow, Virginia Lindsey Leadership Award, and Tennessee Hall of Fame, the club SHALL receive 1,000 points.
- Payment of District or International Dues within 30 days of billing, the club shall receive 250 points (a maximum of 1,000 points in a contest period.
- For each program presented at the Club Meeting, the club shall receive 50 points with a maximum of 100 points per month.
(C). CLUB/LION DEVELOPMENT
- For the CLUB having the following percent of its Total membership reported that month at any of the following: For visiting another Club, Zone/Region Meetings, District Meetings, MD-12 Meetings, International Meetings, or visiting Lions International Headquarters, the CLUB shall receive points as indicated (attendees at the MD 12 Council Meeting and Tennessee LLR shall receive credit for a visit for EACH day attended):
- 5- 9% = 500 Points
- 10-19% = 1,000 Points
- 20-29% = 2,000 Points
- 30-49% = 4,000 Points
- 50-74% = 6,000 Points
- 75-100% = 10,000 Points
District Governor’s and Vice District Governor’s official visits shall not count in this criterion.