When Lions get together, the topic often turns to what different clubs do to raise funds to help more people.
Some great ideas were shared at seminars of the USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum (September 2010 and 2011). Those ideas are summarized on the pages below.
Update on case study shared at the 2010 and 2011 Forums:
The Belly Rubs Basset Rescue calendar photo contest to determine which 13 photos made the calendar (front and 12 months):
- 2010 - The total raised was $5,755. Things got really competitive, as this total increased by $1,200 during the last 7 hours, and $800 in the last hour! Range for the top 13 was $230-306.
- 2011 – The total raised was $6,085. Things really started heating up the last 3-4 days as the deadline was announced. Range for the top 13 was $251-540.
Now that’s potential – Just find a group of people passionate about something!
Go to these pages for different ideas. Add new ideas and suggestions through Comments!
- Ideas for Products and Services
- Ideas for Special Events - food, entertainment, and competition events
- Ideas for Raffles and Games of Chance
- Ideas for Solicitations of Donations
- Other Ideas(do not fit in one of previous categories)
- Recycling - Metal/aluminum, newspapers, cell phones, ink/laser cartridges