District Governor-Elect Paulette Bailey, is sharing the following District Vision and Goals for 2016-2017 Lions Year:
Vision – Promote service through membership and partnering
- Improve net growth 2% over last year by June 2017
- Charter 1 new club
- Encourage clubs to hold community workshops/membership info meetings – Who are the lions?
- Encourage Clubs to use “How are Your Ratings” and the Mentoring Program for new and existing members – Member satisfaction important for retention
- Increased publication relations
- Provide variety of Learning opportunities for interest as well as to develop future leaders
- Hold a Fall Forum with 4-6 learning opportunities followed by 1 – 2 service projects – by October 2016
- Conduct a Certified Guiding Lion program by July 2016
- Expand club officer training to incorporate several geographic areas by May-June 2017
- Provide community service opportunities through partnerships by June 2017
- Invite community members to participate in service projects
- Identify needs in community that cannot be met by one club alone and partner with another organization.