Solicitation of Donations Ideas
Don’t see your project or idea in the list? Add it by commenting below!
Solicitation of Donations can be conducted:
- In person
- By mail
- Through media appeals (newspaper, radio, television)
- Traffic/shopper stops
Some creative ideas to solicit donations:
- Engraved Bricks – For capital campaigns/physical locations (search for “engraved bricks for fundraiser” for a variety of providers)
- Write a personal appeal letter to family and friends on your Christmas Card list
- Ask for donations at stop lights/signs – call it “Highway Robbery”
- Use a “bucket brigade” during a 4th of July parade to collect donations for fireworks that evening
- Partner with a local race track for “Lions Night at the Races” where members can solicit at gates, drivers pass their helmets for collections, etc.
- Restaurant Roundup – arrange with restaurant to ask patrons if they wish to round up their check to support your cause.
- Solicit businesses for specific project donations (ex. assist with Christmas Food Baskets)
- Pass out candy canes instead of White Canes
- Use an online processor such as FirstGiving.com to request donations (must be a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization)
- Ask Facebook Friends or other social network contacts to make a donation to your project or cause (using a link to fundraising page or “Causes” application)