District 12-N Global Leadership Team Report as of July 18, 2015
Four Club Officer Training sessions were offered in June for our current officers. Fifty-three Lions from 22 clubs attended. I continue to distribute reference material for those who were not able to attend.
Zone and Region Chair training will be conducted immediately following this meeting.
Upcoming Leadership Events:
September 17-19, 2015 – USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Current registration is $288 per person until JULY 20, then increases.
- Special for Young Lions who are 30 or younger – $260
- Special for DG Team (1st VDG, 2nd VDG and spouses) – $278 until August 14 (See DG Fletcher or myself for the special code to use)
November 13-16, 2015 – LCI Faculty Development Institute (Chicago, $150). For Lions interested in developing adult training skills. Application deadline is August 30.
November 14-16, 2015 – LCI Advanced Lions Leadership Institute (Chicago, $125). For Lions who have been Club President but not yet 1st Vice District Governor. Application due August 31.
January 15-17, 2016 – Tennessee Lions Learning Retreat (Manchester-Coffee County Convention Center)
March 19-21, 2016 – LCI Emerging Lions Leadership Institute (Denver, $125). For Lions who have not yet been Club President. Application due January 10.
Leadership Development Available Any Time:
- LCI Leadership Resource Center. Lions Learning Center with on-demand online courses.
- Leadership: Introduction to Lions Leadership, Writing your Personal Mission Statement, Creativity, Mentoring, Promoting Innovation, Managing Change, Servant Leadership
- Managing Others: Coaching, Conflict Resolution, Delegation, Effective Teams, Member Motivation, Valuing Member Diversity, Team Motivation
- Achieving Results: Setting Goals, Decision Making, Managing Meetings, Providing Community Service
- Communication: Effective Listening, Public Relations, Public Speaking
- LCI Webinars –
- One Great Adventure – the Role of Zone Chair – July 29 (1 p.m EST), July 31 (8 p.m. EST)
- Harmony Among Generations – Aug. 5 (1 p.m. Eastern), Aug. 14 (8 p.m. Eastern)
- Goal Setting and Action Planning – Sept. 2 (1 p.m. Eastern), Sept. 11 (8 p.m. Eastern)
- Meeting Management – Oct. 7 (1 p.m. Eastern), Oct. 16 (8 p.m. Eastern)
- Conflict Resolution – Nov. 4 (1 p.m. Eastern), Nov. 6 (8 p.m. Eastern)
- Lions University – Live webinars and on-demand recordings to support club success (Bachelor’s Program) and District leadership (Master’s Program). Get started today!
- Lions Club Leadership Manual (published for 2013-2014 year)