Tennessee Lions Learning Retreat
A World of Service
The tenth annual Lions Learning Retreat (LLR) will be held January 11-13, 2013 in Manchester, Tennessee. The LLR provides an excellent opportunity for participants to improve their skills in becoming Lion leaders while enjoying the company of the greatest folks in the world.
The Steering Committee is working hard to assure that this will be another in a series of great successes. There will be something for everyone, including social activities, great door prizes, a Lion’s Choir, a basket contest, auction, and of course lots of informative seminars.
In keeping with the theme of International President, Wayne Madden, the theme of the Retreat is “A World of Service”. Fifteen seminar topics are being planned – see the Registration Form or Brochure for more details! Meal speakers include Past International Director Haynes Townsend (Georgia) and Past Council Chair Terry Goodman (New Hampshire).
The registration fees for the LLR are a real bargain and primarily reflect the cost of the meals provided. A Saturday-only registration will be offered again this year.
Download the registration form! Don’t delay. . . Early Registration Fees are in effect until November 15, 2012!
District 12-N will again offer scholarships to first-time attendees! You must register and pay in advance, but will be reimbursed upon attendance.
Gift Basket Contest to Be Held!
Judging: One (1) vote for each $1 donation (Stuffing the ballot boxes is allowed.) Voting will close Saturday at 5:15 PM for vote counting. Winners will be announced at Saturday’s dinner.**
- 1st Place- $50.00 to administrative fund of the club’s basket receiving the most votes.
- 2 Honorable Mentions – $25.00/each to administrative fund of clubs’ baskets receiving the second and third most votes.
- Any Lions Club can participate. Entrants are urged to notify Lion Eileen at email@example.com by Jan 6, 2013 (for available table space and signs.)
- Basket should promote the club’s locality or this year’s LLR theme.
- Basket should stay within $25 – $50 retail value limit. (Contents must be useable out-of-state so we would suggest no local gift certificates or passes to club events, etc.
- If a club decides to enter more than 1 basket, each basket will be voted on separately and auctioned separately.
- Baskets should be delivered to Convention Center by 6:00 PM on Jan 11, 2013. Baskets will be accepted Saturday AM.
- Voting will close Saturday at 5:15 PM after the last session. Winners will be announced at Saturday’s evening dinner.
**Baskets will be auctioned off immediately following Saturday’s evening meal.
Nearby Hotel Information:
- Holiday Inn Express (Adjoining the Convention Center) – Room Rates are $85.99 (Standard) not including taxes. Call (931) 728-9383 and ask for Lions Rate
- Comfort Suites (Across Parking Lot from Convention Center) – Room Rates are $82.99 (Standard) not including taxes. Call (931) 728-1301 and ask for Lions Rate
- Scottish Inns (½ mile from Convention Center) – Room Rates are $35.98 (1 bed) or $45.98 (2 beds) not including taxes. Call (931) 728-0506 and ask for Lions Rate.
- Sleep Inn & Suites (Across the main highway, 1 block from Convention Center) – Room Rates are $69.99 (King) or $79.99 (Double) not including taxes. Call (931) 954-0580) and ask for Lions Rate
- Quality Inn (Next to Sleep Inn & Suites) – Room Rates are $59.88 plus taxes, $64.80 after taxes. Call (931) 728-0800 and ask for Lions Rate or mention B.J. Blankenship.